Save big on early morning and late evening departures between New York and Washington, D.C ever offered by Amtrak.
Special “Night Owl Fares” as low as $5 – $20 are now available on select Amtrak Northeast Corridor (NEC) routes. This is a great option for travelers returning from concerts, plays, sporting events or those who prefer later or earlier departures.
How Night Owl Fares work: Off peak hour trains traveling between Washington, D.C. and New York only, departing between 7 p.m. and 5 a.m., will feature ultra-low fares for Coach tickets on Northeast Regional and other select routes. This deal is now available for most Northeast Corridor city pairs including stops in New York, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
Sample One-Way Coach Fares To/From:
- New York – Washington: $20
- New York – Baltimore/BWI: $15
- Washington – Newark/Newark Liberty: $15
- New York – Philadelphia: $10
- New York – Wilmington: $10
- Philadelphia – Washington: $10
- Washington – Wilmington $10
- Philadelphia – Baltimore/BWI: $5
- New York – Newark/Newark Liberty: $5
- Washington – Baltimore/BWI: $5
Fine print policy:
- Valid for coach travel only on departures scheduled between 7:00 PM and 5:00 AM
- Valid to/from stations between Washington Union (WAS) and New York Moynihan Train Hall at Penn Station (NYP)Valid for coach seating only.
- Seating is limited & may not be available on all trains at all times.
- Fares are subject to availability.
- Routes and schedules are subject to change without notice.
- Once travel has begun, no changes to the itinerary are permitted.
- Other restrictions may apply.
- This offer will be only valid from March 10, 2023 to December 31, 2026.