Amtrak announced today that the Washington Union Station Lounge has been remodeled and make it more classic and bold. I find this interesting but I was hoping far more better than expected. The new pictures below are provided by Amtrak. More information and how to access the lounge is provided below.
Washington, DC – Union Station
- Behind the information booth, between gates D and E
- Open 4:45 am – 8:00 pm Monday – Friday; 6:00 am – 8:00 pm Saturday – Sunday
Purchasing Day Passes
Business Class passengers can buy day passes for the lounges at Philadelphia – William H Gray III 30th Street Station and Boston – South Station for $35 per day, or $50 per day at New York – Moynihan Train Hall. Speak with a uniformed employee at those stations for more information. Pacific Surfliner Business Class passengers may purchase a $25 day pass for the lounge at Los Angeles – Union Station.
All passengers can buy a day pass to the lounge in Chicago – Union Station, if it’s not already included with your reservation, for $35 per day. Just see a station agent when you get there.
We’re pleased to offer our travelers access to complimentary conference rooms at select locations. Conference rooms are booked on a first-come, first-served basis and usage is limited to a two-hour time period. Customers reserving conference rooms may be accompanied by attendees. Meeting organizers must arrive before other participants are allowed to enter.
Reserve conference rooms in advance by calling the locations directly. Boston, MA – South Station: (617) 757-1520, Philadelphia – William H Gray III 30th Street Station: (215) 349-3090, Washington, DC – Union Station: (202) 906-3012.
Unattended, separate waiting rooms are available in New Orleans, St. Louis, St. Paul/Minneapolis and Wilmington stations. Sleeping car passengers and Amtrak Guest Rewards Select Plus and Select Executive members are welcome at all unstaffed lounges. Business Class passengers may also use the lounge in St. Louis.
Who is Eligible for Lounge Access?
- Amtrak Guest Rewards members traveling with a same-day Amtrak ticket and valid Select Plus or Select Executive member card.
- Amtrak passengers with a same-day travel ticket (departure or arrival) in First Class or sleeping car accommodations.
- Amtrak Business class passengers with a same-day travel ticket (departure or arrival) may use the lounges in Chicago, Portland and St. Louis. Business class passengers on the Coast Starlight may use the lounge in Los Angeles – Union Station. Business class passengers on the Pacific Surfliner will need to purchase a day pass to use the lounge in Los Angeles – Union Station.
- Complimentary Single-Visit Station Lounge Pass holders may access ClubAcela, Metropolitan Lounge and Unstaffed Lounge locations.
- Private car owners/lessee and party between time of arrival and departure specified in the reservation. Provide your reservation number to the Amtrak representative upon entry.
- Due to space restrictions, private car owners and their groups are not permitted in the Los Angeles – Union Station Metropolitan Lounge.
Redeem Points for Lounge Passes
Enhance your next trip with a visit to an Amtrak lounge. Redeem for a Single-Visit Lounge Pass for only 1,500 points.